FIBONACCI POETRY

VIRGINIA GOW

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Divine Miss M

The Divine Miss M

20th August 2010

by

Virginia Jean Gow


I thought of you this morning, as I sauntered along the beach

And thought what joy to meet with you

And chat on that blue seat

That looks out over ocean, sparkling brilliantly in the sun

But found instead the solar blanket

Wrapped neatly around me just for fun.

Siren surf sang to my soul.

Closing my eyes, I listened for the call.

Then I heard the wail of a sighing breath

Sit down next to me on the seat

Tell to me of pain and doubt, must be written on my head

“What’s the point to it all,” the old woman cried

“Karma is earned,” I smiled, “ Then we die”

My ten minutes of sunshine turned into hell,

But I had my boundaries in place. I learned her history, her politics, about her kids. I just let it flow into space.

“I’m dying of cancer “she cried to the sunshine, “I’m only seventy five.“

“Most people go through this,” I explained “Isn’t it great to be alive! To still have the time to feel enriched by the earth, to be able to sing to the sun.”

“I’ll spoil your day, Miss Smiley, if I can.” whispered she. “Go to Zurich” said I, and I won.

So you have gone to Mudgee, Miss M, for respite, I hear

From your relatives, guarding the fort.

I never hear from you, one word of complaint,

Just positive reasons sought.

Hope you come back soon and we’ll sit on the blue seat

Laugh and tell yarns to the sun

Sip the water of life, saver the richness of day

And remember a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment